The IB Diploma programme is one of the most rigorous & challenging pre – university programmes across the world. It has been designed to address the intellectual, social, emotional and physical well-being of students. The programme provides an internationally accepted qualification for entry into higher education and is recognized by universities worldwide. IB students are forever curious, fully engaged citizens, who both embrace their own culture and are open and responsive to other cultures and views.
IB Diploma Curriculum Framework
Among the top IBDP schools in India, Amity Global School is accredited to the International Baccalaureate to deliver the Diploma Programme to students in grades XI and XII since 2008.
IB Diploma programme at AGS.
AGS is committed to the highest standards of teaching and learning to ensure that all Diploma students fulfil their potential in the taught curriculum as well as in extra and co-curricular activities. They become responsible citizens who can make a positive contribution to the global society.
IB Diploma Candidates study 6 courses, they must choose at least 3 courses and not more than 4 at higher level (HL) and the remaining at standard level (SL). Students must choose one subject from each of groups 1 to 5 (listed below) thus ensuring breadth of experience in languages, social studies, the experimental sciences and mathematics. The sixth subject may be Visual Art from group 6, or the student may choose another subject either from group 3 or group 4.
Subjects offered at AGS
|Group 1||English Lit, English Lang and Lit, Hindi Lit|
|Group 2||English B, Hindi B, French, Spanish, German|
|Group 3||Economics, Business management, ITGS, Psychology, Geography.|
|Group 4||Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, Environmental system and society (ESS)|
|Group 5||Mathematics: Analysis and Approach|
Mathematics: Application and Interpretation
|Group 6||Visual Art|
In addition to the six courses, IB Diploma students must study three compulsory elements that broaden student’s intellectual & educational experience and challenges them to apply their knowledge and skills.
The Diploma Programme Core
- Extended Essay (EE)–IB Diploma students must undertake an independent in-depth research work of a question related to one of the subjects they are studying. Student are expected to produce a 4000-word essay based on the research undertaken and a set of three reflections of 500 words in total under the supervision of subject supervisor.
- Theory of Knowledge (TOK)– TOK aims to make students aware of the interpretative nature of knowledge-critically reflecting on the role of knowledge in their own culture and other cultures thereby promoting international-mindedness. Further TOK motivates students to be thinkers by encouraging them to become more acquainted with the complexity of knowledge around them and recognize the need to act responsibly in an increasingly interconnected but uncertain world.
- Creativity, Activity & Service –CAS enables students to enhance their personal and interpersonal development by learning through experience. It provides opportunities for students to plan and collaborate with others to hone their self-development and nurtures compassionate individuals with a sense of responsibility towards the society. Moreover, CAS helps to channelize the passion of students and counterbalance the academic rigor of the IB.
Strength of IB curriculum at AGS
- Highly qualified and extremely experienced teaching faculties, most of them are IB examiners.
- Teachers constantly update their teaching-learning skills through participation in various Professional Developm2ent programs -both online and face-to-face.
- Teacher-student ratio is maintained low which ensures the individual attention to every student.
- Wide range of subjects are offered to IB diploma students. At AGS 21 different subjects are offered at higher and standard level
- Excellent IB Diploma results over the years.
- Dedicated College Counselling Team guides and supports students in their university choices, based on their aptitude and aspirations.
- College placement of AGS Alumni over the years is outstanding. They are placed into the most prestigious universities across the world (with scholarships) such as Perdue, London school of Economics, University of California Berkeley, USA British Columbia, Georgia Tech University, HKUST, University of Waterloo amongst others. Our Placements click here…
Recognition by Association of Indian Universities
IB Diploma/ Course – AIU shall accord equivalence to both the IB Diploma and the IB Course provided that a student has secured a minimum of 24 credits and has passed a minimum of three subjects at Higher Level (HL) and three at Standard Level (SL)
Evaluation of Foreign Degrees
The Association of Indian Universities is a society which promotes university activities. The Evaluation division of AIU is responsible for the work relating to equivalence of degrees/certificates awarded by the accredited foreign universities/educational institutions. The Division also provides information to foreign students to facilitate their admission in Universities/other educational Institutions in the country.
Checklist of Application Package to be given to students seeking admission to colleges in INDIA
- A letter from the IB Coordinator/Principal or College Counselor stating the date for the release of results requesting them to accept the application on Predicted grades and past performance.
- Recognition statement from Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
- Transcripts including past performance in Grade 9, 10 & 11, predicted grades from the school and percentage equivalence.
- Grades to Percentage Equivalence document from IBO
- Character Certificate
- Transfer certificate from School
- Migration Certificate and South Asian Transcript from IBO, when available.